Registration is free, to register email your details to AgroBiodiversity[at]nuigalway.ie.
Parking Permits will be emailed to all registered visitors.
Parking is available through a Park and Ride bus service http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/documents/map_carparks_2011_2012.pdf
Buses depart park and ride car park at http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/documents/pr_timetable_sept11_bilingual_version3.pdf
A permit needs to be downloaded printed and displayed on vehicle’s using the park and ride car park, or else that vehicle will be clamped.
Visitors may park in Pay and Display (P&D) spaces, which are located in various locations on campus. Please see the Map of Pay & Display Parking Locations.
- As well as paying with coins, all meters have the capability of accepting cards with pre-programmed credit, which are available at cost from the Parking & Information Office (+353-91-495063) on campus.
- Click here for information on meter rates and instructions on using the pre-paid pay & display cards.
AgBioDiv2012 will be held in the Aula Maxima (Ground Floor), National University of Ireland, Galway.
Travelling by Public Transport
Galway is easily accessible by public transport.
- Trains: Galway's train station is just off Eyre Square. The city's very well serviced by rail and only 2.5 hours away from Dublin. Find out more information on services and timetables.
- Buses: You can travel to Galway using frequent services offered by our public bus service, or use one of the private bus services such as CityLink or GoBus. Direct (non-stop buses) take 2.5 hours.
- From the city centre, you can take a taxi to the university, or take the No.4 Bus in the direction of Newcastle from Eyre Square, near the train station, which is the normal drop-off point for buses.
Travelling by air
The university is within easy reach of Galway Airport, Knock Airport, Dublin, and Shannon airports.
- Galway Airport is only 5 miles east of Galway city. To get to the university, you can grab a taxi, or hire a car at the airport. Use this journey planner for directions to the university.
- Shannon Airport and Knock Airport are both just an hour's drive from Galway. To get to Galway, you can travel by bus with Bus Eireann or CityLink. Alternatively, car hire is easily available at these airports.
- Dublin International Airport is 3 hours drive from Galway city. You can fly from Dublin to Galway airport, or rent a car and drive using our journey planner to help you find your way. There are also a number of frequent and reliable bus services to choose from to travel to Galway.